Pages

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Insights And Reflections - Rain Gauge

“Rain didn't make things messy. People did that all on their own.” 

― Barbara Delinsky

What I learned this week was how to measure the amount of rainfall by using a type of rain gauge- manual. For this information helps us be aware of what weather to expect.

What I did was I observe the advantages and dis-advantages of each rain gauge, and I was quite became more nature friendly.


I can apply my learning's to my everyday life. Through this I can know whether to expect a flood or not.


What I need to learned about is the pros and cons of different types of rain gauge for its accuracy and precision greatly relies on the type of rain gauge material used -may it be digital or not thus, the amount of rain can bring total disaster.

Note: 
1. Using digital is more efficient and accurate than manual.
2. Rain gauges are used to measure the amount of rain in a specific area over a set amount of time. 
3. They can be simple or complex, and they do not measure frozen precipitation.
4. There are four main types of rain gauges. These are the graduated cylinder, weight based gauges, tipping buckets and the optical gauge.



Here is an illustration of a rain gauge:

OBSERVE, COLLECT, MEASURE; RECORD! ;)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Black Moustache